What is the Pathfinder II Project?
The Pathfinder II Project’s aim is to facilitate community-led improvements in resilience and preparedness amongst communities who are at risk of surface water flooding in Northamptonshire, complementing other flood risk management activities. This is a three year project (2016 – 2019) for 30 communities and is funded by the Anglian Northern Regional Flood and Coastal Committee. It will include rural and urban settlements of populations that range from 300 to 5,000 properties, as well as business town centres and industrial estates.
Who can apply?
To be eligible for Pathfinder II a community must:
- be within Northamptonshire
- have had some experience of surface water flooding
- have community members signed up to support the project
To be considered for this project please complete the online form below.
What can Pathfinder II do for you?
- a flood survey undertaken by civil engineers which produces a maintenance plan
- support in developing emergency plans
- engagement with community to promote flood awareness
- support in developing longer term solutions such as applying for funding
- training and support for Flood Wardens
What do we need you to do?
- Nominate a key point of contact to liaise with the county council and the parish council
- Identify community members who can be Flood Wardens
- Form a Community Resilience and Response Group which will develop the community emergency plan and support community engagement events
If you are experiencing any problems with the form below or have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to:
Joanne Maddams c/o Emergency Planning Team, Northamptonshire County Council, 1 Angel Square, Northampton, NN1 1ED