If you have a flooding emergency contact Fire and Rescue on 999 or 112.
For other useful contact details and to report flooding to Northamptonshire Highways or your Water and Sewerage provider see our It’s an Emergency page.
If there’s a flood happening near you, follow the five steps at the bottom of the page to make sure you are well prepared and safe. Tick off each step to reveal the next.
If you need to be evacuated then…
- Stay calm and don’t panic. Police, Fire and Rescue and other officials will try to visit all properties at risk or use a loud hailer to tell you if an evacuation needs to take place.
- You will hear about your evacuation point and the location of the reception centre either verbally or by a leaflet.
- Try to check that any elderly or vulnerable family members or neighbours know about the evacuation.
- Listen to the advice of the authorities and follow any instructions to leave your property. Remember to take your grab bag.
- On leaving, before water enters your property, ensure electric and gas supplies are turned off and lock doors and windows.